Julia Quinn's "Romancing Mr Bridgerton" - #4 in the Bridgertons series

Romancing Mister Bridgerton - Julia Quinn

Rather disappointing read, especially since I enjoyed "An Offer from a Gentleman" so much. Got through it by sheer perseverance alone, not because I couldn't put the book down.

The dialogues and action in the first part are pretty shallow and boring (unless I'm missing something that I'm supposed to detect "between the lines") and the plotline about unmasking "Lady Whistledown" was really of very little interest to me. There are several characters - Lady Danbury, Mrs. Featherington, Eloise - who are quite annoying throughout the book. Zero detectable sexual chemistry between the hero and heroine almost up to the end of the book also doesn't help. Violet Bridgerton's obsession with getting all her children married off was kind of cute in the first couple of books in the series, but now it's only pointless, IMHO - it's not like there is any social or financial need to getting the others married off, and if she just wants them to be happily married, why doesn't she just let things take their own course?