Caroline Linden's "A Rake's Guide To Seduction" - #3 in the Reece family series

A Rake's Guide to Seduction (Zebra Historical Romance) - Caroline Linden

I've been wanting to read this one for years and finally came across a copy of it in a wonderful UBS next to the Coombs Country Market in Coombs B.C. Well worth the long trip to Coombs! www.oldcountrymarket.com/

The book is mostly a character-driven story of how Anthony, a somewhat tortured "rake" and self-made man, and Celia, the sister of the uptight and super-protective Marcus Reece, hero of the first story in the series, finally have a happy ending after some difficult years for Celia in her disastrous first marriage. The characterization of Anthony and especially Celia is excellent. There is a secondary romance in the story between a very unlikely couple - this takes up very little space in the story, and I certainly enjoyed it. The secondary characters in the story, particularly Rosalind, Celia's mother, have a good deal of depth as well.

There is a some blackmail and a villain who wants Celia for himself near the end of the story, but it doesn't distract from the main story too much, even though it seemed tacked-on while I was reading it.